The Delta Municipal Plant was erected in 1937 with George Seaborn as Mayor and Fred C. Newman as Commissioner of Power and Water and J.W.Jeffers as Commissioner of Finance. Construction by Fairbanks, Morse and Company - Contractors and Rocky Mountain Engineering Company - Engineers.
In 1938 the three smaller Fairbanks Morse (three cylinder) Diesel generators were installed and between 1939 and 1956 four additional Diesel generator units of higher output were installed. Four of these burn Diesel or a combination of Diesel and natural gas. All of the generators are fully operational and they are tested monthly, ready to provide back-up power in the event of an emergency.